After my recent exploits with air drying clay I decided to refresh the window decoration that has been up for 3 years, the driftwood display. Copper is bang on trend and I never get tired of feathers. They work so well as I hate to leave a window bare but didn't want to block the light from that area as it backs onto a courtyard and is already a dark part of the room. They would work equally as well hanging on a wall as a decorative piece.
you will need;
air drying clay
a craft knife
- Roll your clay out onto a cutting mat.
- Cut out feather shapes with the craft knife and smooth the edges with your finger.
- Make a hole in the top of your feathers with a cocktail stick. Leave them somewhere flat to dry.
- Once they are dry dip them in the copper paint.
- Leave them to dry and hang.