A while ago I waxed lyrical in my Pizza Night post about how great pizza is, how may toppings you can have and how much better life becomes when you have homemade pizza. I can hold my hands up and admit there was some hyperbole in that but it is safe to say I am a fan of pizza. Given that I am such a huge fan of pizza I want to make it for all of my friends. As it turns out I have a friends who does not get on well with tomatoes so I have developed this recipe for a white pizza.
you will need;
1 portion of dough from this recipe
1/2 cup creme fraiche
4tbsp natural yogurt
1tbsp freshly chopped chives
1 can palm hearts, sliced
1 cup grated hard cheese, such as cheddar
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup sliced leeks
1/4 cup garden peas
flat leaf parsley to garnish
salt and pepper
- Prepare your dough according to the recipe and roll it out.
- In a bowl mix the creme fraiche, yogurt, chives and salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread this mixture over your bases in place of tomato pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle your toppings over the bases then top with cheese.
- Cook in the oven until the bases are golden and the cheese is melted and browning.
- Garnish with flat leaf parsley.