Travelling around and going back and forth from Paris to Yorkshire my laptop has rapidly become less like the desktop replacement it once was an more like, well like a laptop. I bought a compact one with great battery life for a reason right? So it was about time I made my little Walter, (the name of my laptop) a little home and protection for our journeys.
Here is how to make your own;
- Measure your laptop/tablet/ipad add 1 inch all the way around to your measurements. Using this new measurement you need to cut one from your outer fabric choice and lining fabric.Cut two from the quilt wadding.
- For the back you need to cut enough for the flap. Use the same measurement as the front panel but add an additional third to that.
- Using the back panel measurements cut one piece of the lining fabric and the outer fabric.
- Pin the quilt wadding to wrong sides of the lining fabric so you can treat the wadding and lining as one piece of fabric.
- Place the right sides of the lining together and stitch the three sides together. Repeat with the outer fabric.
- Cut two rectangles of fabric to ask as a clasp. I chose a contrasting orange fabric and the lining fabric. Attach a magnetic clasp to the rectangle and the front to the main body of the bag. Place the right sides of the rectangle together and stitch three sides together. Turn the right way round Turn the raw edges in and top sew closed.
- Attach the end of the rectangle to the back of the outer fabric.
- Place the lining inside the outer case and top sew together.