When I said that I wanted a waffle iron I was told that I wouldn't use it. I was told it would become one of those kitchen gadgets that I would never use, something that never happens in my kitchen. Thankfully my good friends Jack and Kate did not have this opinion because they bought me a waffle iron and I am pleased to say I use it all the time. Waffles delicious as they are as a pudding , and they are, and there will be some great sweet waffle recipes on the blog this year. Getting to eat waffles as your main course is great fun.
I can assure you that my recipe for lentil waffles has all the joy of eating waffles whilst still eating an extremely healthy meal.
you will need;
200g dried orange lentils
11g baking powder
salt and pepper
- Rinse the lentils, soak in cold water for 3 hours. Cook until soft drain and leave to cool.
- In a pan heat milk and butter, ensure that you do not boil the milk just gently heat.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, eggs, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Add the lentils and preheat your waffle iron.
- Pour into the waffle iron until cooked. Serve with something yummy. I topped mine with tomato aubergines.
I hope you enjoy your waffles.