For those of you saw the headband I wore in my maternity style post and though hey that is a nice headband, then this post will make you happy as it shows you how to make your own. With my ever changing hair as I patiently growing my fringe out I am continually looking for new ways to wear my it. In finding ways to wear my hair I have started to craft new hair accessories. I had received some very pretty ribbon on the front of Cloth magazine a while back and had not yet found a use for it, until now. I miss Cloth magazine.
With this ribbon, a scrap of leather, glitter and mod podge I was ready.
- The first thing I did was make a drawing of a flying swallow inspired by the print on the ribbon. You can download the template to use. On the left of this blog is a new button where all the down loadable patterns and templates will be from now on.
- Once you have cut your template cut as many as you like in the leather.
- Sew the swallows to your ribbon, you can use any ribbon you choose.
- Next coat your leather swallows with glue and sprinkle with glitter. I chose to do the swallows in stages to ensure they did not stick together and got an even coating of glitter and glue.
- Once coated with glitter top with a light coating of mod podge. This will dry clear and will prevent glitter from coming off.
- Once dry repeat the process with the central bird. You can add more birds if you choose, it may look quite pretty to have them going across your whole head.
- When the entire headband is dry it is ready to wear.