I have been on a pretty vegetable and fruit overdrive. My energy levels have been hard to maintain whilst I have been pregnant so I have hit the green stuff hard. This is a really healthy way to get a vegetable heavy meal. What is even more amazing is it is really quick to prepare so if you are feeling tired or are really busy you will still have time to prepare a great meal.
you will need;
150g puff pastry
2 leeks, thinly sliced
150g mushrooms, thinly sliced
100g shredded spinach
100g cumin gouda, cubed
3 tbsp. crème fraiche
a little olive oil for frying
salt and pepper
1tsp dried mixed herbs
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Meanwhile roll your pastry, around 1/4inch thick. Take a fork and prick the centre, leaving a border all the way around, about an inch.
- Fry the leeks, mushrooms and spinach. Do not let the vegetables brown but reduce the water content. Once the veg has cooked down add the salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the crème fraiche and gouda.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the pastry base.
- Bake in the oven for 25mins or until the pastry is golden brown.
You can serve with salad or potatoes, the choice is up to you.