I believe that pumpkin should not be confined to Halloween or Thanksgiving pies, it is just too delicious. I decided to create a recipe for chocolate covered truffles.
you will need;
120g ginger biscuits
1tsp mixed spice
3tsp icing sugar
90g roasted pumpkin
300g dark chocolate
100g cream cheese
- Whiz your roasted pumpkin until it is smooth. Mix this paste with the icing sugar and mixed spice.
- Fold in the cream cheese.
- Whizz the ginger biscuits in a food processor until it make rough crumbs. Fold this into the cream cheese and pumpkin mixture.
- Roll into balls and chill.
- Melt the dark chocolate and use it to coat the pumpkin balls.
Needless to say that my skills in coating things with chocolate are not the greatest I am a long way off from the skills of Parisian chocolatiers. Despite the fact that they may not look so pretty they taste delicious.