Making bread is one of the best ways to fill your home with the most satisfying smells. Kneading dough is a great way to work out any aggression you may have also. The fact is I have been a little poorly and not up to my full kneading strength that is why this recipe for soda bread that requires NO kneading is perfect.
you will need;
60g crumbly Lancashire cheese (or equivalent)
2tbsp finely chopped chives
300ml warm milk
2tsp bicarbonate of soda
400g plain flour
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Warm your milk to hand hot temperature.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour in the warm milk.
- Crumble your cheese in also and knead your dough for at least 6 minutes. I used the dough hook on my mixer. Please note that this is a fairly wet dough.
- Place on a baking sheet, shape the dough and cut a cross through the centre.
- Bake at 150C for 40 mins - 1hour. You may have to cover after it becomes golden so that the crust does not burn.
This is a really hearty bread and great with soups and stews.