For those of you who are regular readers you will have noticed that I have not been around here lately. The fact is I have had to deal with a catalogue of terrible events in my personal life that has taken me away from here. Although I have shared tragedy here before the reason that I started this blog was to create a positive space for me to reside in and I have chosen not to share recent events here. This blog is so much more than that for me now. It got me my presenting job on channel 4 and other writing opportunities, I am hoping with some more hard work that that could be the tip of the iceberg in a new chapter of my life.
I always enjoy the e mails that I get from my readers and the way that the blog has allowed me to connect with so many new and fantastic people. It is true that I only share a part of myself here but I would like to let you know a little more about me. Here are 10 facts about me.
- I play my music way to loud and am convinced that my car is sound proof and will sing silly tunes at the top of my voice.
- I sometimes sit and practise trying to move things with my mind. In 34 years I have not had any joy but I feel this could happen any day now.
- I cannot bear to hear or watch other people brush their teeth. This freaks me out even in films.Where as most people hide their head when something gruesome comes on screen I bury my head and cover my ears when teeth cleaning comes on screen. I don't like to see or hear the mess.
- I love music and will listen to tunes endlessly however I have a tendency to incorporate them into the soundtrack of my life - that is if my life was a movie. I imagine what scene would suit the song I am listening too and all of a sudden even the most mundane tasks take on a cinematic feel.
- I watch some amazing films, I appreciate well made television programmes however I have a guilty secret. I kind of love One Tree Hill. I know I can feel the judgement already and some have said it is a poor mans Dawson's Creek but although the Creek was more 'my time' I hand on heart didn't like it. She pauses for shocked gasps, Why Hill over Creek well here is why, better soundtrack and main characters who are less emo and miserable about their lives. Sometimes I just want to sit under a blanket knitting and watching trash that is my go to trash. If I want TV excellence it is always Buffy, I feel that Mr. Whedon should write everything!
- I didn't own a belt until I was 27. I really never understood what the point of them was. In fact I am still learning about accessorising. What can I say I am a late bloomer! In fact whilst I am making fashion confessions I have only started dressing well in the past 6/7 years. I went through many phases deciding how I wanted to look and finding clothes that I felt comfortable in. More on that another time.
- I can't whistle. In fact I am rubbish at making noises in general just as those who have heard my impression of a mogwai.
- I went through a stage of watching so much anime that I had some grown up dreams about the characters. Yes I know fantasising about animated characters puts me in a realm of geek that is shared by a select few of comic book shop owners but whilst I am in a sharing mood I would love to have my own comic book store.
- I may come across as confident to people and in many respects I am but when it comes to following a dream that I really desire I become scared to follow it in case I end up failing. I have a fear of disappointing myself so have been known to back away from opportunities.
- My favourite season is autumn. Not a huge revelation but a fact about me all the same. I like the sunshine and the warm but whilst we are in an honest mood I rarely get that from a Yorkshire summer. What Yorkshire does give me is a stunning display of flame coloured leaves. Walking in autumn feels quieter an icy silence moves in, walking through my small town also has the air filled with the smell of real fires which evokes the warm feeling in my tummy of excitement. I prefer cold whether food also, stews, hot chocolate, warm cider and sausages.