So it is time for the second part of the recipe from yesterday now it is time to make the sausages and wedges.
You will need;
1 large leek (or 2 smaller ones)
Knob of butter
60g smoked cheese
1 beaten egg
Salt and pepper
Sweet potatoes for the wedges (I used 2 and we ended up with 4 wedges each)
Red chili powder
- Boil your potatoes. meanwhile slice your leeks in the butter with salt and peeper to taste until soft.
- Mash the potatoes without adding milk as you need the mixture to be firm. Stir though the leeks and cheese. If you need to you can add a little more butter if you feel the mixture is too dry.
- Form into sausage shapes, they will be more squared off than real sausages. Coat each one in breadcrumbs then egg and bread crumbs again.
- Shallow fry until golden as all of the other ingredients are already cooked.
- To make the wedges simply slice the sweet potato into thick circular slices coat with a little oil, salt, pepper and sprinkle of chili powder and roast turning as required
My dressings were shop bought sweet chili and ginger sauce (we love it with everything) and sour cream mixed with lemon juice and chopped parsley.