Hey hey its the end of the week and its time for the last recipe in the Nasi Campur. These little fried dumplings are really yummy - I loved fried stuff. I make pakora lots so I adapted the recipe for that to make this Indonesian variation. The word Bergedel is Dutch in origin, Bali had a Dutch administration for a substantial amount of their history. The dumplings normally have a potato base but you can serve it in variety of ways. The way I have done it is with corn.
You will need;
300g tinned sweetcorn
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
4 tbsp gram flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Put the corn, garlic shallots and garlic into a food processor and blend.
- Add the spices and the egg to the mixture.
- Heat around 4inches of coconut oil (or another oil with no flavour and a high smoke point)
- When the oil is hot drop a bite sized lump of the mixture into it and fry until golden brown. You should be able to fry 4 at a time.
- Drain on kitchen paper and serve.