I love spicy food and I love things that can be eaten hot or cold it means less cooking for me during the week.
You will need;
2 garlic cloves
7oz kidney beans
14oz (cooked weight) green lentils
1 free range egg
2 grated carrots
80g grated cheddar
3oz bread crumbs
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tsp garam masala
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C / gas 4. Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Cook the onion in the oil with the garlic and spices.
- Put the cooked lentils, half the kidney beans and the onion mixture into a food processor and whizz together.
- In a mixing bowl stir in the carrots, cheese, the rest of the beans, salt and pepper, breadcrumbs and tomato ketchup.
- Spoon into a loaf tin and bake for and hour. I covered the top of the mixture for the first 30mins so that the top does not get too burned.
This can be sliced and served on the same day or cold the next. I fried a slice the next day and served it with a poached egg on top.