I was so completely overwhelmed by the artwork on the wall that I decided to split this post. This is the second and last post I will share with you on the gallery but I do have some more lovely things to share with you about Berlin.
Thursday, 28 July 2011
Wednesday, 27 July 2011
When I recently visited Berlin I stayed a stones throw away from one of my favourite things that I did on that trip. The East Side Gallery is what remains of the wall, the 1.3km is now a colourful gallery with around 106 paintings at any one time. The gallery begins at the former checkpoint charlie.
The vision for the gallery was to created an international art space that explores the ideas around walls and borders not just the history of Berlin/Germany. I love the concept of artists expressing these themes on a wall that holds such historical significance. Below are a few photographs that I took of the East Side Gallery.
Tuesday, 26 July 2011
Susan the author of Living With Punks and the proud mum of "punks" is my favourite go to lady for craft projects. Susan consistently provides her readers with fun craft projects for every crafter from novice to not so novice! Many of these are her own creations but she also manages to direct you to other fab crafty folk.
After my 6 ways to change your life series - learn something new I cannot recommend a better blog to get you started making beautiful things.
Here are some images from her blog to wet your appetite - watch this space as Susan has agreed to guest for me when I am on honeymoon this September. Thank you again Susan!
Tuesday, 19 July 2011
Here is the second of my new features. It is a fine fine thing to post about things I love.
1. Breakfast; this is my favourite meal anytime of the day. It has the best collection of foods to eat, from fried bread and eggs, tinned spaghetti, fresh fruit, yoghurt and granola, french toast and lots and lots of breads. Don't let me stop at the food we have juices, tea, coffee there is nothing I can think of that is wrong with breakfast!
2. Cows; just like breakfast this is an ongoing obsession of mine as opposed to a current happiness but what the hec, many of these current happiness as life long loves. I am outed I love cows, real cows, silly images of cows the list is endless. This has led to many cow related gifts that litter my house that I will one day share with you.
3. These breakfast tokens. When Joe and I went to Berlin we stayed at a fantastic hotel that was full of cute and personal little touches and these breakfast tokens were by far the cutest. We had to hand them in for breakfast but I really really wanted to take mine home but had to settle for this photograph.
4. Brightly coloured tights. I love all of the jewelled tights that are on offer these days, not to mention my pretty gold sandles!
5. Purple; this is my favourite colour, for as long as I can remember and if I didn't make car buying descisions based on substance not style I could be driving a cute little motor such as the one below.
Monday, 18 July 2011
Last month I had the opportunity to trvel to Berlin to exhibit some work. With a long drive to Heathrow and a flight in the early hours of the morning a good 24 hour outfit needed to be picked out. Light layers is always the obvious option to combine style and comfort.
Thursday, 14 July 2011
Once upon a time there was a blue/green planet in a solar system you may know. Well in this time the land on this blue/green plant was one. Then some fantastic science stuff occurred and the land started to split and float away from one another. This distance left the people on the islands with an inert curiosity about surroundings that were not their own.
Well some time past a great machines were invented and these curious folks could travel between lands and so holidays and travelling was born. This proved to be a vast industry, people made bags so people could carry their belongings around, and they charted maps and wrote books so that they knew where to go and what to see.
This brings us right up to date when two enterprising people called Sanne and Bart decided that travellers might like to explore cities as if they lived there and so a very cool website was born called Spotted by Locals. I am now one of the proud authors/spotters for a new city addition Manchester! I love this city and now I get to share all of my very favourite places to eat, shop and hang out with lots of other lovely people.
Friday, 1 July 2011
Two nights ago Joe and I went to start our registry list for the very soon impending wedding. Maybe it was the bright lights and pretty colours, maybe it was the fact that I couldn't work the scanner properly or the fact that I find the whole concept of making a gift list a hard thing to come to terms with but I suddenly began to feel exhausted and overwhelmed.
Today is a new day, I have 64 days until my wedding and 63 to complete all of my pre wedding jobs. I have decided to make a really big list with everything on as previously I have had lots of smaller ones such as a craft a list, food list etc... Although when the list is long and daunting seeing everything in one place will help me get focused and ticking things off the list will be fun and deeply satisfying.
make butterfly and circle garlands
make pom poms
make pom pom garlands
make and collect photo booth props
make a photo booth sign
stitch table plans
print and laminate castle door signs etc
make direction signs for turn offs
make buttonnaires (x3)
Ask around to friends and family for decorative bird cages and fairy lights
make guest book sign
guest book print outs
test the pops and pinwheel recipes
make dal makhani and freeze
make tarka dal and freeze
make 200 chicken balls and freeze
make 200 pizza wheels and freeze
sort out games to bring
sort out movies for the cinema room
- reception - during dinner - early evening - early evening - kitchen - late evening
finish making Joe's wedding gift
make and freeze saag aloo
make and freeze food for friday night rehearsal dinner
finish sewing tablecloths
alter dress for Lucy
make a dress for India
make thank you gifts for the wedding party and helpers
wrap gifts and write thank yous
get large tubs for plates
make a packing list for the castle
make a list for photographer
decide on photos for me and Joe to have
make mini dessert stands
make button bouquet for India
make menu cards
make a time plan for the kitchen helpers